Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet has issued its Corporate Plan for 2020-24
It contains commentary on child safety related measures and actions.
The Prime Minister and Assistant Minister receive high quality and timely advice on the implementation of key child safety reforms including:
- Delivery of the National Strategy to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse.
- A nationally harmonised approach to child safety in organisations, based on the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations.
- Ongoing implementation of the Commonwealth Child Safe Framework.
- The National Strategy is delivered within agreed timeframes and includes an outcomes framework that will achieve genuine impact over the 10 year life of the Strategy including actions to reduce the incidences of child sexual abuse.
- A nationally harmonised approach to child safety in organisations is agreed with the states and territories.
- The Commonwealth Child Safe Framework is amended to include a self-reporting requirement for Commonwealth non-corporate entities.
For details click here.